Poetry General Knowledge Quiz
What is the difference between a simile and a metaphor?
a) No difference. Simply two different ways in referring to the same thing.
b) A simile is more descriptive.
c) A simile uses as or like to make a comparison and a metaphor doesn't.
d) A similie must use animales in the comparison.
3) Which represents an example of alliteration?
a) Language Arts
b) Peter Piper Picked Peppers
c) I like music.
d) A beautiful scenery with music
5) The theme is ...?
a) a plot.
b) an character
c) an address
d) the point a writer is trying to make about a subject.
7) Which is not a poetry form?
9) Which is an exaggeration?
2) What is the word for a "play on words"?
4) What is the imitation of natural sounds in word form?
6) Concentrate on these elements when writing a good poem.
a) characters, main idea, and theme
b) purpose and audience
c) theme, purpose, form, and mood.
d) rhyme and reason
8) Which is an example of a proverb?
a) Get a "stake" in our business.
b) You can't have your cake and eat it, too
c) The snow was white as cotton.
d) You're driving me crazy.
10)Which of the following is not a poet?
a) William Shakespeare
b) Terry Saylor
c) Elizabeth B. Browning
d) Emily Dickinson