PEABODY HIGH SCHOOL

2069 HIGHWAY 45 BYPASS
TRENTON, TENNESSEE 38382
PHONE 901-855-2601
FAX 901-855-1217

Home of the Peabody Golden

       

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

New Peabody High School
Established 1980

    The history of Peabody High School is rich and its beginning can be traced as far back as 1875 when school directors purchased the defunct Andrew College property, located in mid-town Trenton, for the use of the new public school. The school was named after its 
philanthropist-benefactor, George Peabody, who is famous for having contributed to many new public schools in the late 19th century. A new building was constructed in 1917 and served the community until it was purchased by a private investor who turned the old building into apartments and condominiums in 1980. In the same year, a new, more modern facility was built on the site where Peabody High School stands today.

    Since moving to this location two new parking lots, an enhanced 
baseball field, and an athletic weight facility have been added. In 
January 1991, Dyersburg State Community College opened a satellite facility on the Peabody campus. Several high school seniors are concurrently enrolled in English classes for college credit.

    Students of all ages are served through regular programs offered at Peabody. The Community Education Program includes Nite Lite Theater, Adult Basic Education and special interest curricula. The University of Tennessee at Martin also offers night classes at the facility.

Home

ACT & SAT

Band

Calendar

Clubs

District Home

Faculty & Staff

Favorites

Lunch Menu

News

Scholarships

Special Events

Sports

Students

 

It is our mission to provide the highest level of education possible for all students. 

Home